Jude 1:16-25. Pray.
Audio clip: http://tacwash.sermon.net/main/main/20245727
We come now to part 4 of 4 in our Judging Jude series. Jude calls himself the servant of Jesus Christ and the brother of James. He expressed a desire to write of the common salvation but God told him to bring a scalding denunciation of apostates and to urge his readers to contend earnestly for the faith. It appears that from the earliest days in church history, false teachers plagued and infiltrated congregations. Jude compared these wolves in sheepskins to some of the vilest offenders in the Old Testament such as the fallen angels, Cain, Korah, Balaam, Sodomites, and unsaved Israelites that fell in the wilderness and even the old Devil himself. In the last few verses of his letter, Jude gives us some essentials for earnestly contending for the faith.
Keep Separate. Jude 1:16-19.
1. We live in a day when apostates abound. Jude said they murmur & complain & seek only to advance their own cause and satisfy their own carnal desires.
2. We live in a day when apostates deny the power of God. Paul said – 2Tim.3:1-5.
3. We live in a day when apostates walk in their own lusts. Peter said -2Pet.3:3.
Keep Growing. Jude 1:20a.
1. We live in a day when believers need to remember the teachings of Christ & His Apostles & keep the faith. Jude 17-20a.
2. We live in a day when believers need to stay grounded in the word of God. 2Tim.2:15 and 4:1-5.
Keep Praying. Jude 1:20b.
1. We live in a day when believers need to stay prayed up as led by the Holy Spirit.
2. We live in a day when Satan is on the prowl. 1Pet.5:6-9.
3. We live in a day when we need the whole armor of God. Eph.6:11-18.
Keep Trusting. Jude 1:21-25.
1. We live in a day when we must always remember the love & mercy of our great God and our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ. V.21.
2. We live in a day when sinners need compassion and extreme measures if they are to be saved from their sins. V.22-23.
3. We live in a day when we can know we are not alone. V.24-25. & Rom.8:31.
Conclusion: Yes, we live in a day when many false teachers have risen and many false teachings abound but no matter what they say, nothing can destroy or make void the truth about God and about Jesus Christ. God is real, He has spoken and He does not lie. We have the victory in God and in Christ today and true believers are to be encouraged to Keep separate from the apostates, keep growing in faith and holiness, keep praying as led by the holy Spirit, and keep believing God and trusting the eternal inerrant word of God. AMEN.