The Fruit of Joy
Joy is another one of the attributes of the Fruit of the Spirit. Gal. 5:22. It starts the very moment we first trust Christ as our Savior and it continues on in our Christian life as we are taught of the Lord and led by the Spirit and we grow in grace and knowledge of the Lord. Consider three things about Joy.
I. THE REASONS FOR JOY.
1. God has given us light. 2Cor. 4:6.
2. Our name is in the book of life. Lk. 10:20.
3. We are clothed with the garments of salvation. Isa. 61:10.
4. God is our defender. Ps. 5:11.
II. THE REALITY OF JOY.
1. Christ is real. 1Jn. 1:3-5.
2. The Love of God and the Joy of the Lord go together.
3. When we stumble in sin and confess it Joy returns.
III. THE RESULTS OF JOY.
1. God gets glory. Col. 1:10-11.
2. It brings worship, praise and thanksgiving.
Phil. 3:3, Ps. 97:8-12.
3. It declares the goodness of God. Ps. 107:21-22.
CONCLUSION: When we saved by the grace of God, it brings the fullness of the Spirit of God upon us. The end product of this is manifested in us in many ways. We are filled with the Love of God and the Joy of the Lord. It gives us strength to carry on for the cause of God and truth in Christ. Neh. 8:10. Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength. KJV.