The Fruit of Peace
As we think about the Fruit of the Spirit let us continue with our study from God’s word. We’ve already looked at Love and Joy. We want to consider now the subject of Peace. Here again it is the Holy Spirit that works peace in the heart of the believer using the word of God. According to Ephesians 6:15 it all starts with the gospel of peace. Our God is the God of Peace. 1Thess. 5:23. When Jesus came to the sin cursed earth He came as the Prince of Peace. Isa.9:6. Consider three things about Peace as an aspect of the Fruit of the Spirit.
THE POSITION OF PEACE.
1. The unsaved are natural allies with the Devil. Eph.2:2-3, 13-15.
2. Only salvation from sin can bring Peace. Rom. 3:17.
3. Christ is our peace. Rom. 5:1, Eph. 2:13-15.
THE PERSONAL PEACE.
1. God’s word in the believer’s heart brings personal peace. Ps. 119:165.
Isa. 26:3-4. Ps. 4:8.
2. Prayer also helps make peace real for believers. Phil. 4:6-7.
THE PRACTICAL PEACE.
1. This is what comes with godly living. Isa. 32:17-18.
2. It is not always easy to live in peace. Rom. 12:18, Heb. 12:4.
3. We must learn to walk in peace. Rom. 14:19. Prov. 16:17.
Conclusion: Christ our Savior is the Prince of peace. Those who are saved and are in Him by grace have peace positionally and feel it down in their heart personally and therefore act it out in their daily lives practically. 1Pet. 3:8-11. Matt. 5:9. Ps. 37:11, 37.