I Tim. 3:16. (Pray)
Every true Christian wants to be godly. The secret to godliness is being in Christ. Christ is godliness personified. Our text deals with the doctrine of the Incarnation. This was the theme for the Memorial Day Bible Conference one year in Ontario, California. It is a great theme indeed and worthy of much meditation. Let us think for a few moments about the Mystery of Godliness. A Bible mystery is simply a truth that although hidden earlier; it is now revealed. Consider eight things about the mystery in our text. This Mystery is…
I. THIS MYSTERY IS WITHOUT CONTROVERSY.
1. It is well documented. 4 gospels and all the N.T. 1Jn. 5:13.
2. It is denied in vain. Cults, modernists and liberals fail to explain it away.
II. THIS MYSTERY IS GREAT.
1. It is one of the greatest events of all. No other human event can compare to it.
2. It is God that did it. It was God’s plan from before the world began. 1Pet. 1:20.
III. THIS MYSTERY IS THE INCARNATION.
1. Isa. 7:14, Matt. 1:23, Jn. 1:14, Jn. 20:27-31.
IV. THIS MYSTERY IS SPIRITUAL.
1. Rom. 8:1-5.
V. THIS MYSTERY IS AN ANGELIC WONDER.
1. At His birth. Lk. 2:12-13,
2. At His Temptation. Mk. 1:13.
3. At His Ministry. Lk. 12:8-9, 15:10.
4. At His resurrection. Lk. 24:23.
VI. THIS MYSTERY IS EVANGELICAL.
1. Matt. 4:17, 11:1, Acts 10:42, Rom. 1:15-16
VII. THIS MYSTERY IS BELIEVED ON.
1. Lk. 1:1-4, Jn. 2:22, Acts 11:17-18.
VIII. THIS MYSTERY IS GLORIOUS.
1. Lk. 2:9-14, 9:28-36, Jn. 1:14.
Conclusion: So we see that the Mystery of Godliness in the incarnation cannot be successfully denied. God came from glory to this sin cursed earth and took upon Himself the form of a man. Phil 2:5-11. Christ’s claim to Deity is not robbery. He did not take anything that was not His. But He humbled Himself even to the death of the cross on Calvary and then, praise God, He got up alive from the dead again after 3 days and 3 nights so that WE might have eternal life. Come now and receive Him by faith as your personal savior. AMEN.